Friday, April 20, 2007

Success!

YES, not only did Val manage to get into our car but much to our surprise and delight, he made it into the front passenger seat! Much safer and more comfortable than sitting sideways in the back seat. All of this was possible ONLY because of his Beasy board. If you look closely, you can see the white transfer board that he's sitting on one end and the other end is resting on his scooter seat.....that's his Beasy board. Anyway, not only did he make it into the car but we decided as long as he was in the car, we might as well go for lunch at Taco Bell! He loves their Crunchwrap Supreme! However, because of the sodium, he has to really watch his other 2 meals of the day when he eats one.

He enjoyed his outing SO much on Wednesday that when I told him I needed to run a few errands on Thursday he wanted to go with me. He was perfectly happy to just sit in the car and people-watch while I ran into several stores. I understand the need to "get out of the house" but when I looked at his knee last night, it was swollen and needed to be iced. But I guess it was worth him being able to get out for a little while. This morning is his doctor's appointment for the staple removal and it's good to know we'll have no problems negotiating the transfers in and out of our car!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Arlene R said...

Hi Jan $ Val,
Very happy to see Val looks so good and healthy. We have been praying for him and you ofcourse.
We are going on a trip to Peru on Mon., so you won't hear from us until we return.
Love and kisses to you both.
Arlene and Andrew

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Arlene R said...

Hi J & V,
We are so happy to see Val looking so good. Hope and pray everything goes real smooth from now on.
Love and kisses to you both,
Arlene and Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home