Stall Bar Progress

Our very helpful neighbor, Harold G. came over and helped me attach the pipes to a 3'x4' sheet of 3/4" plywood. I spent most of yesterday painting the whole thing. I used an oil-based primer first and then 2 coats of satin latex on the pipes. On the plywood I used Kilz first and then the latex. It looks a lot better in the living room than the bare pipes did plus it will be cleaner for Val to hold onto. I sewed 2 layers of heavy canvas for the slings and the top 2 are about 6" wide and 22" long. The middle one will go in front of his knees so I added 2 layers of foam as cushion for his broken patella. I took the canvas and all the belts to the bootmaker today and he said he'll probably call me tomorrow afternoon so I can be there when he starts cutting up and attaching the belts to the canvas. Should be interesting!Val had 2 sebaceous cysts removed from his face on Friday and will go back this Friday to have the stitches removed. He continues to feel really good and is sticking with his exercise program.
I was pleasantly surprised that the kitties were happy to just sit and watch me painting instead of trying to help. I think the odor of the oil-based primer kept them from wanting to get too close.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home