Feeling Better!
As I'm writing this Val is eating lunch....baked chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and applesauce They have delicious bread pudding w/lemon sauce for sale in the main cafeteria so I brought up 2 bowls of that for our afternoon snack. I think I'm definitely gaining weight!
The endocrinologist came by this morning and he had already read Val's chart before coming in. He asked us a lot of questions and at this point he feels that this low sodium episode was due to Val being on too low a dose of prednisone in the rehab. unit and that the taper-down should have been slower. When he left rehab. his discharge orders called for yet an even lower dose and that is why he just kept feeling worse as the week progressed. He said he will work with Val as an office patient in the weeks ahead to find the right dose for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Val gets discharged tomorrow or the next day.
We did sleep great last night but at first it was almost too quiet!
1 Comments:
TOO Quiet!!!! Is that even possible in a hospital??? Must have been quite a change from ICU. Glad to hear you slept well and glad to hear you are gaining weight! You were wasting away to nothing. Sounds like you are on the right track with the Endo....
Thanks for all the good news and PTL for His care of both of you! Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home