Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Computer Frustration!




I wrote this blog post last night and I was trying to add pictures.....I noticed a new icon down in the system tray and when I right clicked it I had a couple of options. Needless to say, I should have done nothing but instead I clicked on "touchpad off" which meant we lost all control of the computer. We had to call Toshiba this morning and they told Val how to use a certain key combination to get control back!!!

On Friday, Val was able to get into the front seat of our car for the first time since his heart surgery....he definitely got tired of being a real "backseat driver". E.T. built a longer ramp to attach to the platform so the scooter can go up the ramp backwards. Then Val rotates the scooter seat in order to use his long white Beasy board and complete his transfer.
We went out to lunch with Mom and Cissy and then for a haircut. Val's hair was so long in the back that he was getting curls!

This past weekend was quiet for us and we had a lot of much-needed rain. Val actually never left the house the whole weekend. Between thunderstorms I picked up Mom for our Sunday dinner.

Yesterday was PT and it proved to be very positive. Josephine did quite a few leg exercises with Val on the mat and then we put on his prosthesis. It was a little difficult to get him into a standing position, but once there, he stood for at least 10 minutes. She even had him doing upper body exercises while he was standing. They put a cloth strap in front of his knees and one across his backside and that gave him the support he needed to stand. We were all very happy with yesterday's session.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I loved all the pictures! What a scary thing to happen to yhour computer. What a blessing that VAl knows so much and can even follow what the tech guys say! Keep up the good work in PT. Blessings to you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home